Friday, November 20, 2015

Updates, and a Dickens of a Vision

I wanted to start this post with deep gratitude for everyone who offered up prayers for my poor cousin.  I am very happy to share that within days, she has gone from the point of death to recovering at home.  God has been very good to us, and has showered my family with His divine compassion and love.

The main meat of this post, however, is relating to an article that I had found on one of my favorite sites: ChurchPop.  I don't know very much about Charles Dickens, but every year I tell myself I'm finally going to read A Christmas Carol.  Needless to say, I still have not read it.  However, after reading this article, I think I might have to.

While we generally associate Ebeneezer Scrooge as the one having visions of apparitions with messages for a better life, according to Dickens' biographer, the famous author himself had a divine messenger come to him in the night.  You can read all about this encounter here.

I ask that everyone please continue to pray for both my cousin and my family.  While we are happy with her healing, there is still a lot of healing that my family still needs.  I won't go into details here--perhaps in another post--but for now, I pray that you continue to pray for us, that we might work through our own issues and draw closer to God and to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to our conversation!