Sunday, June 2, 2019

A Call For Prayer

My dear brothers and sisters,

I write this post with a heavy heart.  I have been struggling with my feelings towards a friend of mine.  Namely, she's a very...shall we say "militant" liberal, whose rantings and frustrations online (and sometimes in person) are getting more and more aggressive towards everything that I stand for as a Catholic.

Her feelings tend to be if you don't agree with everything from LGBT rights to abortion, you're somehow a bigot and a monster.  And as a quiet Catholic, I feel my heart hurting every time she speaks out about these things.  At the risk of sounding dramatic, I'm honestly getting to the point where I feel that there is no place in her worldview for someone like me--a Catholic who actually adheres to the Church's teachings.

My struggle right now is that after seeing so many of these comments from her, I'm finding it very hard to want to be around her.  I know she thinks that she's doing the right thing.  I know her heart is in the right place.  But, I'm having trouble finding a place for myself and for our friendship in a world where I can't exist.

Please pray for both of us.

♥Little Sister

6 comments:

  1. I will right away snatch your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Please permit me recognize so that I could subscribe.

    Thanks. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular
    article! It's the little changes that produce the
    most significant changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    I like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the excellent works guys I've added you guys to
    my personal blogroll. http://tagomi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.

    I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anonymous! Sorry for the long response. You can find my twitter at @LittleSister_22. God bless!

      Delete
  3. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i
    own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy to you, too! Unfortunately, I don't really have any solutions to spam, so I've adjusted my settings that ALL comments have to be moderated by me, first. That way, I can stop them from taking over my blog, haha. But, unfortunately, there's no easy fix here :(

      Delete
  4. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere,
    when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment
    due to this brilliant article.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to our conversation!